Why you may need an Interior Designer in Portland …. and well, anywhere
An interior design colleague of mine in New Jersey named Iris Houlihan from Iris Interiors recently posted this excellent blog. With Iris’ permission, I am reposting her blog below. I couldn’t have said it better Iris!
You can go into a store and buy a sofa. Or window treatments. In a good store, there may even be a “decorating” staff there to help you.
So why do you need an interior designer? You need a designer because…
- A designer is there to consider the big picture, and help you see it, too. A designer knows what comes first. That a simple, cosmetic change can pick up a whole room – or just as easily put it out of balance. And you don’t want to do that.
- A designer knows what to choose to create the right effect. When the lower cost choice will be just as good. And even more importantly, when it won’t.
- A designer can take your ideas and inspiration…and turn them into a reality that is far better than you could have even imagined. Because a designer is able not only to imagine … but envision. She knows how it’s all going to look together, because she can see it. Even when you can’t.
- When you hire a designer, you are working with someone whose primary interest is to create an environment that both suits and delights you. A designer is looking for your satisfaction – not her next sale. That makes a big difference in the recommendations you’re likely to get.
- A designer is your insurance against shoddy workmanship. Unfortunate choices. Hours wasted looking for things you can’t find; and learning things you didn’t realize you needed to know.
- When a designer says… “You should really think about that,” you should listen. Because, when it comes to creating a home you’ll love to live in, a designer knows what’s she’s talking about.
- In short, a designer is part artist. Part educator. And part genie. And the reason why you should hire a designer is simple: because it’s a very good idea.