Ideas to Transform your Space on a Budget
I understand the urge to update and transform your space without breaking the bank. Below are a few of my favorite ‘do it yourself’ ideas to instantly freshen up any room.
1. Pick up an aisle or two. Use them in bookshelves, table tops and china cabinets to display plates, a favorite book or artwork. I like the black iron aisles from Pier One Imports that come in small, medium and large. They go with almost any room. http://www.pier1.com/
2. Lean a mirror on the floor, or on a table rather than hanging it. Make sure it reflects something beautiful. Here is an example, courteosy of Ballard Designs. http://www.ballarddesigns.com/
3. Every room needs a critter: leopard, sheepskin, zebra, cow hide… Add a pillow, a throw or an ottoman in animal print. They come in all colors and can match any style.
4. Matching tables or lamps on each side of the sofa? Separate them. The element of surprise is fabulous in design. Exchange one of your bedroom end tables in the living room, buy a floor lamp for the sofa and place your paired lamp in the hallway or powder room.
5. Have a chandelier that needs updating? If it has good lines paint it white or black or (if you feel daring) a bright accent color. My girlfriend found a chandelier at a garage sale and after taping off the electrical, we painted it bright hot dazzling pink. It looked similar to this high end designer chandelier.
6. Open your favorite coffee table book wide to a page that inspires you.
7. Mismatched photo frames? Pull the photos out and paint the frames all one color. Wow!
8. Pull your sofa off the wall and put a table, desk or chest behind it.
9. Count your accessories. Are you arranging in odd numbers? If not, pull something.
10. Consider mismatching your dining room table chairs with a bench, upholstery and/or wood chairs.
Promise to take before and after photos for me!
For additional fresh design ‘do it yourself’ ideas visit: https://www.angelatoddstudios.com/