The master bedroom featured at the top of this post is from a client’s master bedroom in Beaverton, Oregon. It is a blend of traditional (60%), contemporary (40%) and Hollywood Glamour (10%) styles. The traditional element is found in the nightstands and triple serpentine dresser, the tray ceiling and the moulding in the room. The damask bedding is a traditional design expressed in contemporary colors.
The color palette isn’t your grandmother’s idea of traditional design, so the color itself expressed contemporary design. The two chairs at the end of the bed are not only contemporary styled chairs, but the placement of these chairs expresses contemporary layout.
You might also be interested in these popular blogs:
– How to freshen up your 90s home
– The cost and process of hiring an interior designer
– How to prepare for your initial design appointment
– Common questions about interior design
– How much does it cost to hire a design pro